Delivering the goods
What is a procurement nurse?
We are a relatively new breed of nursing expert who bring clinical expertise to procurement. In principle, the aim is to deliver safer practice and economic benefits through intelligent procurement.
How can procurement improve safety and also deliver savings?
I’ll give you an example. If I was looking at IV wound dressings, I would assess all the products in the marketplace to determine which ones work and which are less successful. This would include reviewing independent evidence. After selecting one of the right quality and negotiating a good price for the volume the hospital needed, I would initiate the change with nursing staff and manage any training and support needs.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests