Backing a winner: my new career as a nurse at the British Racing School
Nurse Sharon Mott took on a challenge in agreeing to create a role where she is responsible for the health and well-being of young would-be jockeys and grooms at a horse racing school
I had to step outside my comfort zone when I was offered the job of specialist community public health school nurse to the British Racing School . It is a new role for the school and for the UK horse racing industry – the only other example we know of is in South Africa.
The British Racing School is a charitable trust based in Newmarket,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests