60 seconds with foundation professor of nursing Dave Clarke
Persevere, innovate and work as a team – you achieve so much more by working together, says foundation professor of nursing Dave Clarke
Dave Clarke qualified as a registered nurse in 1992 and a registered sick children’s nurse in 1995. Specialising in intensive care, he helped open the children’s ITU at Leicester Royal Infirmary in 1996 and worked as a senior clinical nurse before moving into education. After working at Cardiff University for 16 years, rising to deputy head of school for education and students, he took up his current post as the first foundation professor of nursing at the University of Leicester in April. He lives with his partner Craig, a community occupational therapist, and their three rescue dogs.
What are your main work responsibilities? To develop and deliver a...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests