Better care for children with atopic conditions
A nurse-led team in Wales is improving the care of children with asthma, eczema and allergies
Children’s respiratory and atopic clinical nurse specialist at Cwm Taf University Health Board Lynfa Day is devoted to improving the care experience and well-being of children with asthma, eczema and allergies.
She has led a reorganisation to improve swift access to services for children with atopic conditions that is being rolled out across the organisation.
These changes have increased the quality, efficiency and equity of care for families throughout the region without the need for extra funding.
Ms Day’s work was recognised at the end of last year when she won the RCN in Wales Nurse of the Year children and midwifery award.
Ms Day qualified as...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests