Award finalist develops a children's rights charter for health board
Runner up at the 2017 RCN in Wales Nurse of the Year awards, Eirlys Thomas wants active engagement in better care for children by making sure their voice is heard.
Eirlys Thomas, head of nursing in neonatal and children’s services at Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board, Wales, has put the voice and rights of children at the heart of her work.
Ms Thomas began her vision to develop a charter for children and young people, encompassing the statements from the United Nations Convention for the Rights of the Child document, in 2014, and it has now been ratified by the board’s executive committee.
'It is the only NHS organisation in the UK with this charter, and the Welsh government is looking into its progress to see if it...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Children and Young People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests