Academic nursing career? An internship could help you decide
Take a year out from your nursing degree, get paid and boost your CV – how one university is promoting academic careers with a teaching and clinical research role
This time last year, Amelia Borchard and Alexandra Nowicki were in their second year of an adult nursing degree at the University of Nottingham.
This year they are members of university staff, teaching and facilitating clinical skills and undertaking research, before they return to student life to complete their degree programmes next year.
Salaried role, and a chance to explore an academic career
The pair are the first to take up roles as academic interns in the university’s school of health sciences. The innovative post, which is salaried, was open
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests