What a career in research nursing can offer
Research is a large part of the remit of the NHS, but most students have little exposure to research nursing during their training
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) is running a campaign to encourage nurses and midwives to consider a career in research.
The campaign Keep Making a Difference is aimed at nurses nearing retirement, returning from a career break or seeking a career change. But engaging with nursing students and newly qualified nurses is equally important in getting the message across about how exciting a career in research nursing can be.
Research is a large part of the remit of the NHS, with increasing numbers of patients choosing to participate in clinical studies in a variety of specialities.
Advocates for their patients
Clinical research nurses are important contributors to the clinical trials workforce....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring more than 200 topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- RCNi Learning featuring 180 CPD-accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests