Attachment Theory and Research: New Directions and Emerging Themes
For nurses and others working day to day in the fields of health visiting, school nursing, mental health, social care and learning disability, there are other, more user-friendly books with which to learn about the links between attachment theory and practice.
Chapter by chapter the reader is introduced to a range of topics including attachment through the lifespan, parenting, new developments in neuroscience and genetics, preventative interventions for at-risk children, the relationship of attachment theory, and organisational processes and research.
Adopting a scholarly style of writing, experts in the field inform but also challenge the reader to think deeply and enquire more. This is a book that stretches the imagination but is text heavy.
Supported by a plethora of research, and adopts a scientific and theoretical rather than a practice focussed approach. If I were studying for a PhD and this was my field of enquiry, this...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests