Support and advice for writing your RCN Nursing Awards 2023 entry
Here are some tips to help you complete your entry from one of our judges, Karen Bonner, chief nurse, Buckinghamshire Healthcare Trust
- Give us as much information as possible within the word counts. Some great initiatives do not make the shortlist as they have simply not given the judges enough information. Don’t be afraid to use bullet points to get more information in. Remember, the finalists are chosen purely on the information you provide in this entry – no one will contact you for further information.
- Demonstrate that the people you care for and support, have been at the centre of your project or work.
- Describe the role you have played. Credit your team where appropriate but remember that it is important to showcase what nursing brings to projects. Explain how you engaged others in your work or won over managers for resources.
- Don’t be too modest – describe your or your team’s role in designing innovations and overcoming challenges in difficult environments.
- Describing the impact is crucial. What difference did the work make to the people being cared for or nursing practice? This might be feedback from people whose care has improved, savings, audit results or better nurse retention rates from training initiatives.
- The section on sharing best practice is often less well filled out. Examples of this could be working with colleagues in other areas, presentations, writing articles for internal use or for external organisations, or highlighting work on social media.
- If you can, ask a colleague to review the entry.
|Guides to help you write your entry to RCN Nursing Awards 2023|
|Example of a winning RCN Nursing Awards entry: Rohit Sagoo won the Leadership nurse award in 2021||Read the entry|
|Webinar: How to put together an awards entry that stands out and advance your project and career||Watch the webinar|
|Webinar: Supporting black and Asian nurses to showcase their brilliance through RCN Nursing Awards||Watch the webinar|
Please contact email@example.com if you would like support with your entry.