The RCNi Nurse Awards are the profession's top accolade for nursing excellence. By entering the awards you have the opportunity to share your initiative with the wider nursing community, raise the profile of your specialty, gain national recognition and influence nursing practice on a larger scale – so, what are you waiting for?
Submit your entry in 3 simple steps:
1. Decide which category you wish to enter by visiting our Categories page
2. Type the body of your entry in a word document (this will prevent your work from being lost)
3. Cut and paste your entry into the online entry form (make sure you don’t exceed the word count)
The RCNi Nurse Awards 2019 open on 28 November 2018. Entries must be submitted by Friday 1 February 2019.
Who can enter?
The awards are open to nurses, midwives and health visitors registered to practice in the UK whose primary employment is nursing, student nurses and individuals working in a healthcare support role such as healthcare assistants and assistant practitioners. Eligibility to enter depends on which category you wish to enter, so make sure you read the category criteria carefully before submitting your entry.
A note on team entrants:
- A ‘team entry’ means that multiple nurses are responsible for the initiative or project that you are entering and your submission will be processed, judged and promoted as a team entry.
- For judging purposes, once a team entry has been submitted we cannot change it to an individual entry at a later stage.
- For team entries, a team name must be supplied. Again, once submitted, this name cannot be amended, so please ensure the details are correct at the time of submission.
- You must be able to justify each team member’s contribution to the project and will be asked when submitting your entry what role each team member has played.
- We recognise that nurses are very modest people, but if the initiative truly has been your work, or you are nominating a well-deserved colleague, please enter as an individual, not a team.
- If you are submitting a cross-departmental project please only include those team members who are elidable for the award (nurses, midwives, student nurses, health care assistants, etc).
- When submitting a team entry, you will need to provide details of a single point of contact within the team for us to liaise with once entries have closed. If the entry is successful, this person will be responsible for relaying all information regarding the Awards to the rest of their team. We are not able to contact members of the team individually.
The RCNi Nurse Awards 2019 open on 28 November 2018. We'll see you back here then.