NICE guidance on preventing suicide in community and custodial settings
Guidelines have been set out in an attempt to reduce the number of people taking their lives
Almost 6,000 people took their own lives in the UK last year and suicide is now the leading cause of death for men under 50. Only one third of the people who kill themselves were known to mental health services, but many of the other two-thirds will have come into contact with other health professionals, including nurses and GPs.
- RELATED: Talking about suicide saves lives
New guidance intended to help prevent suicide in community and custodial settings has been published by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests