Simulated clinical placements: how to learn from mistakes in a risk-free environment
Virtual reality and high-tech clinical simulation can build your confidence without fear of causing harm – and is gaining traction in undergraduate nursing programmes
When the history of the coronavirus pandemic comes to be written, it will surely record – after the tragedy of lives lost – countless ways in which nursing reacted and adapted in innovative ways.
In nurse education, the pandemic brought a swift halt to face-to-face teaching, with clinical placements no longer possible for many students.
But universities responded creatively. From pop-up hospital ‘wards’ to virtual reality headsets, they deployed every kind of resource to ensure nursing students could continue to learn.
Virtual simulated placements are here to stay
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests