Single-sex spaces: why we need a balanced discussion on women’s and trans rights
Call for the NMC to exit Stonewall’s diversity programme shows how polarised the debate is
Hundreds of nurses have signed a letter calling on the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) to withdraw from Stonewall’s diversity champions programme.
The letter , led by women’s rights campaign group Woman’s Place UK, identified six main areas of concern with the NMC’s affiliation with Stonewall.
Gender identity and sex under the Equality Act
Concerns include the treatment of women in healthcare settings and the application of the Equality Act, the use of inaccurate terminology, and the safety of vulnerable groups, such as women in mental healthcare
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests