Sexual safety in all mental health settings is a fundamental right for service users
Sexual Safety Collaborative to have new standards to improve sexual safety on mental health wards
‘I will never forget the terror and powerlessness.’ These are not my words, but those of an expert by experience recounting the acute care she has received over many years.
The service user, who wants to remain anonymous, was speaking at the launch earlier this week of the England-wide Sexual Safety Collaborative , commissioned by NHS Improvement.
‘We were really vulnerable and no one stepped in to help us,’ she said, her testimony clear, damning and an undeniable call for immediate and significant change.
‘Why is sexual safety in some environments still so terrifyingly compromised?’
The aim of the collaborative, which involves...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests