Ian Hulatt: Celebrating 30 years of progress in mental health nursing
Nursing Standard celebrates its 30th birthday this month. Much has been achieved in mental health nursing during those 30 years but stigma and fair funding for services still remain a challenge, says mental health expert Ian Hulatt
Thirty years is a long time, isn’t it? It may seem very far away for some of you, or like me you may be wondering where the time went.
In a lifespan, 30 years may not be so long these days, but in the history of a professional group it is only the blink of an eye. So as Nursing Standard looks back over the past 30 years what can we reasonably celebrate as marking progress in mental health nursing?
Possibly the most important change we have...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests