The 15 Steps Challenge
We were contacted by the involvement worker at our local mental health trust asking us if we would be interested in getting involved with a new project called the '15 Steps Challenge.'
In an initial meeting it was explained what the 15 Steps Challenge was about. It originated from a mother who, after visiting her daughter in hospital, claimed that she could tell what the ward was like within 15 steps of entering the ward.
As people with lived experience of mental health services, either as a carer or service user, we both felt that this 'fresh set of eyes' approach would be much more than a tick box exercise.
Throughout these '15 steps inspections' we felt valued and, as a result, committed to the project. We believed we could make a positive difference to service users and carers'...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests