Leading Change, Adding Value
Leading Change, Adding Value is NHS England’s new nursing and midwifery framework.
It builds on Compassion in Practice (CiP), which three years ago introduced the 6Cs – compassion, care, commitment, courage, competence, communication.
The new framework sets out how staff can help the health and care sectors to meet the aims in NHS England’s Five Year Forward View.Main arguments
The NHS, like the rest of society, is changing, the document says.
The longer ageing population means the focus has shifted from curing illness to helping people manage their health.
Technology allows that to be done away from the traditional hospital and GP model, in people’s homes and in the community.
The result is that more is being asked of nurses, midwives and care staff in terms of the jobs they do and the boundaries they work across.What are the ...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests