Mental well-being and independence for older people
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has issued a quality standard to help improve the mental well-being and independence for older people.
The UK population is ageing rapidly, with the number of people age 65 or above rising by almost half in the past three decades. By 2035, it is estimated that almost one in four people will be age 65 or above. According to the Mental Health Foundation (MHF), five factors affect the mental health and well-being of older people:
- Participating in meaningful activities.
- Physical health.
NICE has published a new quality standard on mental well-being and independence for older people. It includes identifying those at risk of...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests