What effect is the digital world having on our young people?
In a bid to better understand the effect of the digital world on young people’s well-being and mental health, Parent Zone – a schools and family support organisation – consulted young people aged 13 to 20 about the issue.
Overall, the adolescents surveyed did not see the internet as being bad for health. Picture: Alamy
The research and subsequent report was prompted by growing concerns from schools about the effect of the internet on young people’s mental health.
An online survey saw 119 teachers and 220 young people respond. To improve the georgraphical reach it was also sent to schools, youth clubs and groups in London, Hull, Lincoln and Cheshire. School staff, including nurses, were interviewed and the views of 40 young people were sought in focus groups.Ongoing concerns
Parent Zone’s report The Perfect Generation: Is the Internet Undermining Young People’s Mental Health? was...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests