NHS Long Term Plan: what it means for mental healthcare
Goals welcomed but leading healthcare figures share concerns about how ambitious plans will be realised
Mental health services are such a priority in The NHS Long Term Plan that prime minister Theresa May felt confident enough to predict the health service would become a ‘world leader’ off the back of it.
Unveiling the plan, she said it heralded the largest expansion of services in a generation and would deliver ‘true parity between physical and mental health’.
As had been widely trailed, the plan...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests