Safety standards for surgical staff that aim to make 'never events' a reality
NHS England has published National Safety Standards for Invasive Procedures, setting out the steps necessary to deliver safe care for patients who are undergoing invasive procedures.
A multidisciplinary group of clinical practitioners, professional leaders, human factors experts and lay representatives developed the standards in response to a recommendation in the 2014 Never Events Taskforce Report, published by NHS England.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests