Brush up on your pitch
RCN Bulletin Jobs Fair provides a good opportunity to sell yourself to potential employersPicture credit: Neil O’Connor
The idea is that you find yourself in an elevator with the chief executive of the company, or someone you want to impress, who asks you about yourself. You have 30 seconds to make an impression.
For nurses attending the forthcoming London jobs fair, that 30-second impression could lead to the ideal job. The approach can involve four distinct phases:
What you call yourself. This can be an official title and grade or a more general term.
The length of your experience.▶
Where you are practising.▶
Your patient group or team.
For example, this could be: ‘I am an oncology nurse with ten years’ experience working in a teaching hospital, primarily with surgical...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests