Are you at a career crossroads? Advice for nurses looking to change direction
The pandemic has left many nurses thinking of changing their role. Here’s what to consider
For many nurses, COVID-19 has marked a turning point in the way they see their future career.
‘Some may be feeling a bit burnt out and are looking for roles that give them more of a work-life balance,’ says RCN careers coach Julie Watkins. ‘The pandemic has highlighted being there for your family as well as work, so they may be looking for more flexible hours or even remote working.’
Why nurses are looking for a post-pandemic career change
The results from a Nursing Standard survey – which attracted responses from more than 2,300 nurses and was published in August 2020 –
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Mental Health Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests