Make a CV work harder
To take that step up the career ladder nurses must wow potential recruiters by being proactive and making their CVs and applications stand out from the crowd.Abstract
Many applications for nursing posts will be through website forms, but writing and updating CVs is a useful aid to a job search, according to experts in nursing recruitment.
Julie Watkins from the careers department of RCN member support services says that members find a CV useful in a variety of situations. ‘Sometimes they are used in addition to an application form, if a nurse wants to be more proactive, to arrange shadowing or while networking, or to leave with a potential employer at an event like a jobs fair,’ she says.
Many members take up the RCN service to have CVs proofread by the careers department.The advice Ms Watkins gives to members includes tailoring the personal statement to...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests