Job Coaches for Adults with Disabilities: A Practical Guide
Job Coaches for Adults with Disabilities: A Practical Guide Karola Dillenburger, Ewa Matuska, Marea de Bruijn et al (Eds) Jessica Kingsley £17.99 | 224pp ISBN: 9781785925467
This book is aimed at understanding and developing the role of a job coach for people with a range of disabilities. Topics covered include user perspectives on job coaching and separate chapters exploring mental health conditions physical and sensory disabilities, intellectual disabilities and autistic spectrum.
There are also chapters about functional assessment, crisis and behaviours that challenge, collaborating with employers and the training framework for job coaches.
Barriers and successes
There are several user perspective examples that highlight some of the barriers, successes and issues facing individuals and their coaches, which will be of interest to learning disability nurses. The chapter on people with intellectual disability follows a structure that includes prevalence, aetiology and ‘specific issues’....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests