Book review: Vaccines Did Not Cause Rachel’s Autism
Vaccines Did Not Cause Rachel’s Autism Peter Hotez Johns Hopkins Press US$22.95/£18.00 | 240pp ISBN: 9781421426600
Peter Hotez, a vaccine scientist, paediatrician and the father of an adult daughter with autism, makes a powerful argument that vaccines save lives and do not cause autism.
Dr Hotez provides a factual account of the history of vaccines and their role in global and public health, and his personal narrative of raising a child with autism provides an honest and often painful account of the challenges faced in his daughter Rachel’s early years and during her transition to adulthood. Rachel's autism diagnosis resulted in a ‘very different life’ than expected.
For anyone who harbours any doubts about the link between vaccines and autism, Dr Hotez’s well-produced text will dispel such doubts, disproving any link between the two.
Parents’ decisions not to have their children vaccinated due...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests