Book review: Understanding Ethics for Nursing Students
Understanding Ethics for Nursing Students
This book is part of the Transforming Nursing Practice series and makes a welcome contribution to the broad range of nursing ethics-related literature. It is effectively structured, enabling readers to progress through various aspects of ethics, including definitions, theories and principles.
However, ethical practice should not be viewed as simple adherence to established theories and principles and I was, therefore, impressed by a well-presented discussion of 'what ethics is and is not', which encourages readers to reflect on their own personal ethical viewpoint and the factors that have influenced it.
The need for nurses to develop their personal ethical awareness and understanding is promoted throughout the book which is suitable for students and registered nurses.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests