Book review: The Moulster and Griffiths Learning Disability Nursing Model: A Framework for Practice
The Moulster and Griffiths Learning Disability Nursing Model: A Framework for Practice Gweneth Moulster, Jane Iorizzo, Sarah Ames, Joshua Kernohan Jessica Kingsley Publishers £25.00 | 176pp ISBN: 9781785924804
This is a welcome addition to the existing books about nursing models. What makes this new text unique and therefore different, is that it focuses specifically on learning disability nursing.
While it does focus on providing a model for learning disability nursing practice, it is also relevant to other areas of nursing by developing the knowledge and understanding of the often complex needs of people with learning disabilities. This is important given the evidence of the increasing and ageing population of children and older adults with learning disabilities and the contribution required from nurses.
The book provides an introduction and overview of the model and moves on to how it can be used in everyday practice in...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests