Book review: Medical Aspects of Autism and Asperger Syndrome: A Guide for Parents and Professionals
Medical Aspects of Autism and Asperger Syndrome: A Guide for Parents and Professionals
Jessica Kingsley Publishers
£12.99 | 200pp
This is a useful reference book which explores different medical issues relating to people with autism. It recognises that people with autism are more likely than others to experience additional medical problems and highlights the importance of consideration being given to these areas.
The author covers issues such as epilepsy, sensory issues and errors in metabolism, and explores related syndromes. The information provided appears to be supported with evidence well.
It is a small and relatively easy to read book but, because it is short, it only touches on each of the areas superficially. It may whet the appetite of an interested professional and prompt more detailed reading. As the title suggests the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests