Book review: Little Meerkat’s Big Panic – A story about learning new ways to feel calm
Little Meerkat’s Big Panic – A story about learning new ways to feel calm
Jessica Kingsley Publishers
£9.99 | 48pp
This book is written with all the best of intentions; taking up a similar topic as the recent film Inside Out, but from a more clinical perspective.
Written with the objective of facilitating and fostering in a young child control over their emotions and reactions to the world, the book is to be read with or to the child. It is presented in such a way that it encourages reflection and engagement with the issues raised.
I query, however, the level of detail presented to the child and I am not sure of the intended age group of the readership/target audience. There are also a few gritty bits of odd grammar and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests