Book review: All About Me: A Step-by-Step Guide to Telling Children and Young People on the Autism Spectrum about their Diagnosis
All About Me: A Step-by-Step Guide to Telling Children and Young People on the Autism Spectrum about Their Diagnosis
£25 | 256pp
Sharing information with a child that they have autism is difficult, but it begins a process of parents jointly exploring with their child what such a diagnosis might mean. How the child and family receive this crucial initial information can lead to negative emotional after effects or, as in the narrated process in this book, if how the child is loved as a person is emphasised the outcome can be positive.
All About Me makes a significant contribution to this life journey for the child and their family. Crucially the book fully acknowledges that autism is unique to each individual, despite having common characteristics and, therefore, the individual teaching...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests