Have your say on Liberty Protection Safeguards Code of Practice
The scope of the protection safeguards is widening and nurses supporting people with learning disabilities should ensure they have their say on proposed changes
Many of you will be supporting people with learning disabilities who will, for some aspects of their lives, have restrictions placed on them.
For some in England this may extend to being deprived of their liberty under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, known as DoLS . These are the legal processes for those who need to be deprived of their liberty to enable them to have care or treatment, but lack the mental capacity to
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests