Ireland's chief nurse promises bright future for intellectual disability nurses
Siobhan O'Halloran says Ireland is investing in its undergraduate nursing programmes
There is no limit for what intellectual disability nurses in Ireland can achieve according to the country's chief nursing officer.
Watch: Dr Siobhan O'Halloran talks to Learning Disability Practice at Positive Choices 2018
Siobhan O'Halloran told the Positive Choices and Positive Commitment conference at Trinity College Dublin: 'There is a great and bright future for intellectual disability nurses in Ireland. We need them and we hope they will stay and we hope they will work with us to design services into the future.
'We have increased, gradually, the numbers of nurses in our undergraduate training over the last couple of years so we can assure ourselves that we will have a domestic supply of nurses in Ireland. We went through rather difficult times over the last number of years...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests