How much has care been transformed ten years on from the Winterbourne View scandal?
Television footage of the poor care and abuse of vulnerable people at Winterbourne View sparked calls for change
- Visual footage of abuse of vulnerable patients at Winterbourne View in 2011 prompted calls for change
- Initiatives have been launched, but progress is slow and there is a funding crisis
- Investment and a new strategy are required to improve future care
In May 2011 BBC Panorama aired its exposé of poor care at the Winterbourne View hospital near Bristol.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests