'We need all of you and more of you' – CNO's message to conference
Combating student attrition and encouraging more people to become learning disability nurses were themes that dominated this year's Positive Choices conference, reports Christine Walker
England's chief nursing officer Jane Cummings has pledged to support moves to increase the number of learning disability students coming into the profession.
'We need all of you and more of you,' she told an audience of about 450 delegates at this year's Positive Choices conference. Her statement came after an announcement that there is to be a new 'fast track' programme for graduates to attract them into learning disability (LD) nursing – a move to halt falling numbers in LD nursing courses and concerns there are not enough nurses taking up the field of practice.
'We need to do more to build the right workforce'
'Nurses are some of the most committed people I have ever met and with learning...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests