Watch: Video highlights from Positive Choices 2017
Editorial assistant Layla Haidrani asks delegates at the Positive Choices Conference 2017 why they made the decision to go into learning disability nursing
The 14th annual Positive Choices Conference, organised by founder Helen Laverty, professional lead for learning disability nursing at University of Nottingham was held at the University of Hull.
The conference aims to provide networking opportunities and celebrate working with people who have learning disabilities. Hot topics covered in the conference were student recruitment, transforming care and medicine prescribing.
Watch the videos
Conference founder Helen Laverty on her motivation for setting up the event and the impact that it has had.
Second-year learning disability student at the University of Hull, Marie Eyre whose nine-month old daughter Eva has Down's syndrome, explains why learning disability nursing was the right path for her.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests