Person-centred care for clients at the end of life
How end of life care package Doing It My Way supports having a good death while living life to the full
A team of learning disability nurses has created an end of life care package for clients that is helping them have a good death while supporting them to live their lives to the full.
Doing It My Way, a teaching and support planning programme developed by the team at St Anne’s Community Services, is designed for people with learning disabilities.
Team member learning and development adviser Nicky Lyall says: ‘Clients were admitted to hospital with unrecognised conditions and cared for in unknown environments by carers who were not specifically trained for learning disability support.
‘There have been countless episodes of individuals with learning disabilities dying...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests