I haven't looked back since leaving the NHS to start a business
Sally Shaw’s company is now a year old and runs cannulation training
It was December 2011. As I walked through the snow towards the hospital I’d worked at since I was 19, a feeling of despair came over me. I heard myself say out loud: ‘I will not be doing this, this time next year.’ It took me by surprise – it was not a question, it was a fact.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests