60 seconds with learning disability consultant nurse Gwen Moulster
Recognise the importance of putting the person and their family at the heart of everything you do, says independent nurse consultant Gwen Moulster
Gwen Moulster devoted her 40-year nursing career to improving the care of adults and children with a learning disability, with roles including clinical nurse specialist, lead nurse, and associate director of nursing. Last year she was awarded an OBE for services to nursing and people with a learning disability, and was part of a team that won the learning disability nursing award at the RCNi Nurse Awards 2016. She retired from the NHS last year and now works as an independent consultant nurse and honorary teaching fellow at Kingston University.
What are your main work responsibilities? Policy and strategy development,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests