Missed out on a job you really wanted? Here's how you should bounce back
Finding out you did not get that coveted job can dent your confidence, but it is important to pick yourself up and learn from the experience, say recruiters.
Take some time to review your interview performance, suggests Nick Simpson, chief executive of specialist healthcare recruiter MSI Group. ‘Consider what you would have liked to communicate more effectively and, in hindsight, which response you could have improved.’
It is also crucial to review the parts of the interview that did go well. ‘Consider how you demonstrated your suitability for the role in specific responses, and see if you can improve how you did so for all of the questions you were asked,’ says Mr Simpson.
‘You should also take time to review any discrepancies between your skill set and those that were required; if...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Learning Disability Practice
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests