Juggling multiple tasks nursing in the Middle East
Emergency and resuscitation nurse consultant Nick Castle recently became assistant executive director and head of professions at Hamad Medical Corporation Ambulance Service, Qatar. Here, he talks to Sophie Blakemore about the reason why he became a nurse, who has inspired him and how his career has led him to the Middle East.Abstract
Why did you become an emergency nurse?
My background is in critical and intensive care nursing, but I was also part of the clinical management team at Wembley Stadium before 2000, so I stumbled into emergency nursing.
What might you have done otherwise?
I made a decision at 14 to go into nursing. While waiting to start training, I worked with my dad on building sites. Despite acquiring the nickname Florence, for obvious reasons, I have never looked back.
How and where have you developed your emergency care skills?...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests