Book review: Healthcare Professionalism: Improving Practice through Reflections on Workplace Dilemmas
Healthcare Professionalism: Improving Practice through Reflections on Workplace Dilemmas
Lynn V Monrouxe and Charlotte E Rees
This book may appear to be a ‘stiff read’, given its topic and the density of the text. However, I was pleasantly surprised and waded through it with ease.
The main positive point is its excellent layout and presentation, especially the way the text is broken up into boxes to highlight common themes throughout each chapter, such as learning outcomes for reflective sessions and case study narratives.
Each chapter is also rounded off with a summary, discussion points, learning activities and recommended reading, which helps the reader to draw conclusions at each stage to consolidate learning.
The book’s focus is the healthcare student and undergraduate reader. It is not limited to nursing,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests