Book review: Clinical Judgement and Decision Making in Nursing
Clinical Judgement and Decision Making in Nursing
Mooi Standing | Learning Matters/Sage | £20.99 | 248pp | ISBN: 9781473957268
Clinical judgement and decision making are essential aspects of professional nursing practice. Nurses need to develop these skills to practice safely and effectively.
This book is intended for all branches of pre-registration nursing students, but would also be of value to registered nurses and other healthcare professionals.
This, the third edition of the book, provides readers with a detailed narrative of the knowledge, skills and values that define effective decision making in nursing.
The text’s 12 chapters cover topics such as prioritisation, experience and intuition, reflective judgement, ethical sensitivity and accountability.
Each chapter links to various domains and competencies of the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s standards, and includes case studies and activities to expand learning and application to...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests