Book Review: Clinical Examination Skills for Healthcare Professionals (Second edition)
Clinical Examination Skills for Healthcare Professionals (Second edition)
Hannah Abbot and Mark Ranson
£32.00 | 244pp
Now in its second edition, this practical guide offers excellent yet concise content thus making it highly accessible. Including chapters on perioperative, obstetric and mental health assessments, the book offers readers an evidence-based and logical approach to conducting a clinical examination.
Throughout, the book is well written and thoughtfully laid out and is supported by a range of knowledge from experts in their fields and current literature.
Each chapter begins with a case study, which really helps readers relate content to real-life scenarios and encourage critical thinking. Furthermore, learning is supported by bullet points, tables, diagrams and mnemonics that help identify key information.
Overall, this is a good resource and I would have no...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests