Hot, healthy meals for nurses: new standards for NHS staff food
Hospitals in England are to be held to higher standards of catering and food options for staff on day and night shifts, with provision of nutritious food 24/7
Nursing is a physically demanding job, so being able to obtain nutritious food and drink while at work is important.
To help ensure this happens, NHS England has published a new set of requirements, the National Standards for Healthcare Food and Drink .
What is the problem?
There have been concerns about the availability of good quality food for healthcare workers for some years.
The RCN runs its own ‘ Rest, Rehydrate, Refuel ’ campaign aimed in part at encouraging the health
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests