Why it is vital to raise the profile of emergency nurse practitioners
Emergency nurse practitioners (ENPs) need a clear voice and a forum that will enable them to create a professional profile, says a lead ENP
As emergency nurse practitioners (ENPs) we are a senior resource with a wealth of emergency nursing experience. We are often the linchpin of service provision, working autonomously to provide excellent patient care.
The minors patient cohort of any emergency department (ED) is easily the largest, yet patients are seen here by what is often the smallest workforce. In an urgent care centre or walk-in centre all patients are usually seen and treated by a nurse-led workforce.
So why is it that we underplay our hand and don’t seem to understand that we are a hugely important and valuable staff group within urgent and emergency care?
‘ ENPs need a network for shared learning, best practice,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests