Stroke: signs, risk factors and how nurses can support recovery
Acting FAST is just the beginning – find out how to ensure your patients get the best care, from emergency treatment to referral for stroke rehabilitation services
- With an estimated 1.3 million stroke survivors in the UK, nurses in all settings may have contact with patients recovering from stroke
- Understanding the risk factors and signs of stroke can enable a quick response and limit potential long-term damage
- The physical and psychological support services patients may need following stroke
Every five minutes in the UK someone has a stroke, according to charity the Stroke Association .
Affecting about 100,000 UK people a year, stroke is the leading cause of
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests