Nurses and unhealthy eating: is your job putting you at risk?
Obesity and other health risks increase if you work long hours without breaks, and lack the space and time to enjoy healthy meals. Here's how to make improvements
- Too often nurses have no time for a break, never mind the headspace for meal planning – and that’s when disordered eating can become an unhealthy habit
- Find out what steps your employer can take to help you maintain healthy eating patterns at work and at home
- Practical, realistic tips about how to keep your best intentions for healthy eating on track
Skipping meals during long shifts, grabbing take-aways on the way home and craving sugary treats are likely to be familiar experiences for many
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests