Flexible working: have new rules transformed nurses’ lives?
Nursing Standard survey reveals how important flexible working arrangements are to nurses and how they could aid retention amid the NHS staffing crisis
- New rights to make unlimited requests for flexible working have been in place in the NHS in England and Wales since September 2021
- A Nursing Standard survey found that flexible working is hugely important to nurses but requests are not always fulfilled
- Tips on securing the flexibility you need, a summary of your rights and a look at how employers are promoting the new rules
Flexible working arrangements are make-or-break for many nurses, suggests a survey by Nursing Standard that underlines their importance in retaining staff.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests