Does your emergency department match up to the new nursing workforce standards?
Meeting the RCN and Royal College of Emergency Medicine’s standards for Type 1 EDs might prove challenging, warn leading ED nurses
- 27 nursing workforce standards address patient safety and care in the emergency department
- A minimum of one registered nurse to each patient in the resuscitation area is recommended
- Emergency departments should have a lead nurse manager, a matron and at least one emergency nurse consultant
Rigorous new standards for the number and skill mix of nurses in major emergency departments (EDs) will
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Emergency Nurse
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests